Humanitarian residence permit shall be regulated by Articles 46 and 47 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458.
Besides, humanitarian residence permit shall be regulated by Article 44 of the Regulation for Implementation of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection.
Who May Apply To Humanitarian Residence Permit?
- Where the best interest of the child is of concern;
- Where, notwithstanding a removal decision or ban on entering Turkey, foreigners cannot be removed from Turkey or their departure from Turkey is not reasonable or possible,
- In the absence of a removal decision in respect of the foreigner pursuant to Article 55,
- Where there is a judicial appeal against the actions carried out pursuant to Articles 53,72 and 77;
- Throughout the removal actions of the applicant to the first country of asylum or a safe third country;
- In cases when foreigners should be allowed to enter into and stay in Turkey, due to emergency or in view of the protection of the national interests as well as reasons of public order and security, in the absence of the possibility to obtain one of the other types of residence permits due to their situation that precludes granting a residence permit;
- In extraordinary circumstances
humanitarian residence permit may be issued.
For How Long Can Humanitarian Residence Permit Be Issued?
Humanitarian residence permit shall be granted or renewed with a maximum duration of one year at a time by the governorates subject to the approval of the Ministry.
What Are The Conditions For Humanitarian Residence Permit?
Conditions attached to other types of residence permits shall not be sought while issuing humanitarian residence permit.
What Are The Reasons Of Refusal, Cancelation Or Non-Renewal Of Humanitarian Residence Permit?
The humanitarian residence permit shall be cancelled and shall not be renewed by the governorates in cases where the compelling conditions no longer apply, subject to the approval of the Ministry.
Other Circumstances Related Humanitarian Residence Permit
Foreigners that are granted humanitarian residence permit should get registered with the address based registration system no later than twenty working days as of the issuance date.
Foreigners holding humanitarian residence permit, within the duration of this permit, may apply for one of the other residence permits, except for the long term residence permit, as long as they meet the requirements.
Durations of humanitarian residence permits shall not be added to the total duration in calculation of residence permit durations determined by the Law.